Household income and expenditure
Statistics on the income and expenditure of Brussels households
Income and expenditure are indications of the living standard of households. It makes it possible to measure the purchasing power of the population and, consequently, whether or not it has easy access to goods and services such as housing, capital goods, food, etc.
The BISA offers a series of quantified data on household incomes and expenditure, based on several sources:
- Fiscal statistics on income (Statistics Belgium);
- Household budget survey (Statistics Belgium);
- Household income accounts (National Accounts Institute, NAI);
- Salaries (National Accounts Institute, NAI)
Remark: Published data are the latest available; for more detailed figures or relating to other periods, please send your request using the form.
Fiscal statistics on income (.xls) (FR) - 12/2016(Household income based on tax returns)
Household budget survey (.xls) (FR) - 10/2015(Average household expenditure)
Household income accounts(.xls) (FR) - 03/2017(Household income based on regional accounts - NCI)
Salaries (.xls) (FR) - 03/2017
(Remuneration of employees)
- Methodology (.pdf) (266K) (FR)
- Focus n.14 (02/2016): Tax revenue statistics, an adequate data source for measuring the standard of living of Brussels residents?
- Focus n.2 (02/2014): Labor market and the household income in Brussels: what will be the medium term evolution ?
- IBSA cahier n.3: Évolution, caractéristiques et attentes de la classe moyenne bruxelloise
- Dossier of the baromètre conjoncturel n.19 (01/2011): La pauvreté à Bruxelles : constats et évolutions