Statistics on children of school-going age and schools in the Brussels-Capital Region
Following the growth of its population, the Brussels-Capital Region is currently witnessing a surge in the number of children of school age.
Because education is a community competence, the BISA provides statistics that combine data from both the Flemish Community and the French Community: student population, number of schools… The BISA also provides student population data for education not provided by the communities.
BISA publications on these themes are available below.
Remark: Published data are the latest available; for more detailed figures or relating to other periods, please send your request using the form
School population (.xls) (FR) - 03/2017(Pupils of pre-school, primary, secondary, non-university higher and university education; drop outs)
- Schools (.xls) (FR) - 03/2017
(Schools seats and locations for pre-school, primary and secondary education)
- Origin-destination of pupils (.xls) (FR) - 03/2017
(Pupils of pre-school, primary and secondary education following their area of residence and schooling)
- Methodology "Education" (.pdf) (103K) (FR)
- Focus n.15 (08/2016): From home to school: origin and destination of Brussels' pupils
- IBSA cahier n.5: Besoin d'enseignants en Région bruxelloise
- Dossier of the baromètre conjoncturel n.19 (01/2011): La pauvreté à Bruxelles : constats et évolutions
- IBSA cahier n.2: Impact de l’essor démographique sur la population scolaire en Région de Bruxelles-Capitale